Wednesday 1 October 2014

Christmas preparation has started

It is the 1st of October and all the shops are starting to stock up for Christmas, so I thought if I want to avoid the usual pre Christmas panic  craftathon, I'd better get started too.

I have also recently been really impressed with the free Christmas themed gifts, the card magazines have been giving away and this card is made using the Bobunny Silver and Gold Collection and stamp set free with issue 127 of Simply Cards & Papercraft



I started with a gold 5 x 5 card blank.

The vintage Santa was stamped in Cardinal Red Versa Color ink on white and then heat embossed with clear powder. I then inked the background with antique linen distress ink. I fussy cut the image before matting it onto a Spellbinders Splendid Circle die cut from black card.

This was fixed to a piece of patterned Santa background paper  from the Bobunny Silver and Gold Collection which I had matted on black card

I die cut a bow using the 3D mosaic bow die from the Sue Wilson Finishing Touches Die Collection and decorated this with some red Gem Stones.

I  Am quite pleased with the result and  hope you are too. I would love to hear your comments


Sonja
Xx

1 comment:

  1. Love your card I have these freebies too and they look great made up c

    ReplyDelete