Wednesday 2 July 2014

Summer crafting


Summer has finally arrived and I am loving it.
I just love all the bright and vibrant colours that summer brings, so the Ice Cream Sundae papers that came free with issue  127 of Papercraft Inspiration magazine are just perfect for those summer birthdays.

I made this card for my older sister who celebrates her birthday on Saturday



I started by creating a square card blank using White Centura Pearl Card which I covered with the cherry patterned paper.

I run a smaller pink square through my Grand Calibur using Sheena Douglass fabulous Indian Ornamental Embossing folder.

I matted one of the Ice Cream Sunday Toppers on a white card square that I previously inked with Old Paper Distress Ink.

I die cut the flower from the same pink card as the embossed square using the floral die that was a free gift from Simply Cards & Papercraft mag.  

I layered it all up and finished with a blue gem in the centre of the flower and a pink one at the bottom of the flake.

I inked the edge of the card with pink, which unfortunately ended up looking a bit messy, but I still like the end result.

I hope you do too!

I would like to enter the card in the Summer Lovin' Challenge at cateredcrop

Thanks for stopping by

Sonja
Xx







No comments:

Post a Comment